This module reviews good practices for minimizing, handling, and disposal of radioactive wastes. This course should give trainees a better understanding of:
• Elements of a radioactive waste management plan
• Proper segregation of radioactive wastes
• Proper containers for radioactive wastes
• Radioactive waste characterization
• The importance of record-keeping and radioactive waste minimization Students taking this course should have completed "Radiation Safety Refresher Training - Fundamentals" or have an understanding of atoms, atomic structure, radioactivity, types of radiation, and radiation interaction with matter.